A creamy coconut and chocolate chip filling is spread in between layers of pound cake, then drizzled with a rich chocolate ganache.
Coconut-Chocolate Chip Layered Pound Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 loaf (16 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes , plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips , divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Cut the pound cake into thirds, lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, coconut flakes, and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place bottom layer of the pound cake on a serving platter. Evenly spread half of the coconut mixture over the top. Repeat with the middle section of pound cake and remaining coconut mixture, ending with the top layer. Press down gently to adhere the layers.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and heavy cream in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; mix. Continue in 10 second intervals until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over cake with a sprinkle of coconut flakes. Slice and serve!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!