This simple cinnamon sugar apple cake is light and fluffy, loaded with fresh apples, and topped with a crunchy cinnamon sugar layer!
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + 1 tablespoon white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups chopped apples (see notes)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix ingredients in order given, stirring until just combined.
- Pour batter into a buttered 9×13 pan.
- Combine last 3 ingredients to make a topping and sprinkle / spread it evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve with honey butter or whipped cream if you want.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!