This Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake is incredibly buttery, sweet and swirled with cinnamon. The texture is soft and moist. Perfection!
Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 80 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Liberally grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick spray, or my preferred method of Crisco or butter and a light dusting of flour.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the butter for 1 minute on high speed. Slowly add the granulated sugar. Mix the butter and sugar together for 5 minutes until very pale and fluffy. Turn the mixer to medium and add the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn your mixer to the lowest speed and slowly add in the flour. Then add the baking soda and salt, mixing until just combined, carefully not to overbeat the mixture at this point.
- Add the sour cream, oil and vanilla, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Set the batter aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Drizzle half of the cinnamon swirl over the batter and using a butter knife swirl the mixture into the batter. Repeat this process with the remaining batter and swirl.
- Bake the cake for 75-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a serving plate. Let the cake cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the cream cheese and the butter until smooth, 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar, mixing until it’s incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium and beat for 1 minute. Add in the milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour or spread your icing on top of the cooled cake.
- Serve immediately or store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!