All the beautiful flavors of a Cinnamon Roll in a delicious and crumbly coffee cake topped with a smooth Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Cooling Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
For the Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
For the Cinnamon Swirl Filling
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
For the Icing
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; beat in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, and milk; whisk until incorporated.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Beat the batter for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour half of cake batter into previously prepared bundt pan and sprinkle filling on top of the batter and swirl lightly with a knife.
- Add the rest of batter and swirl again lightly, reaching down into the filling layer.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Do not overbake.
- Remove cake from oven, and using a butter knife, release the edges of the cake.
- Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes; invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- In the meantime, whisk icing ingredients together until smooth and drizzle on warm cake. Start with 2 tablespoons milk and add more IF needed.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!