Start off your summer right by meal prepping with these fresh & filling grilled chicken bowls. The recipe makes four, which is perfect for two lunches and two dinners for you and your roommate or partner.
Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice Bowl
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 35 MINS
FOR THE RICE
- 1 1/2 c. basmati rice
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
FOR THE CILANTRO-LIME AIOLI
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more leaves for serving
- 1 tbsp. minced jalapeño
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE BOWL
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 c. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- 2 c. frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Make rice: In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with 1 3/4 cup water and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 17 minutes.
- Remove rice from the heat and let cool slightly. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Meanwhile, make aioli: In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise with cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, garlic powder and 2 teaspoons of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium. Add Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken breast strips and cook, tossing occasionally, until warm, about 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium and add the corn. Cook corn, tossing occasionally, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape onto a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and taco seasoning. Cook over medium, stirring constantly, until spices are toasted and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the black beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are warm, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Fill 4 shallow bowls with rice. Top with corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and chicken breast strips. Drizzle each bowl with aioli and garnish with cilantro.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!