Chocolate Praline Cake combines a tender chocolate cake with a buttery and rich praline icing.
Chocolate Praline Cake
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups toasted chopped pecans
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated.
- Add melted chocolate and beat just until mixed in.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, alternating with sour cream, and beginning and ending with flour.
- With mixer on low, gradually add hot water. Add vanilla.
- Pour batter into a 10×14-inch pan that has been lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- To make icing, bring brown sugar, whipping cream, and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- Let mixture cool for about 3 to 5 minutes and then pour on top of cake.
- Let cool completely and then cut into squares.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!