Rich matcha combined with sweet chocolate makes this the dessert combo you never knew you were missing.
Chocolate-Matcha Swirl Pound Cake
YIELDS: 8 servings
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 25 mins
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the two long sides; grease paper.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until very light and fluffy, 5 to 6 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated after each addition. Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour, beating until just incorporated. Transfer half the batter (about 1 1/2 cups) to a bowl and stir in cocoa. Add matcha to remaining batter and beat until fully incorporated.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of matcha batter into one corner of the prepared pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons of chocolate batter alongside. Repeat procedure, creating a checkerboard pattern with five rows total. Swirl the mixture in a figure-eight pattern a couple of times using a butter knife (don’t swirl too much or the mixture will become muddy). Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes, then use paper to lift cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!