This easy dessert takes no time and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Wondering about the coconut oil? It serves two functions. 1. It thins the chocolate slightly, making it easier to dip the Oreos. 2. It helps the chocolate set much more quickly in the fridge. It’s a win/win! We left it optional because there’s no reason you’d need to buy coconut oil for a measly couple teaspoons, but if you already have some or would like to buy some, go for it!
Chocolate Covered Oreos
YIELDS: 1 DOZEN
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 12 Oreos
- 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, optional
- 1/4 c. white chocolate chips, melted
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium shallow bowl, stir together melted semisweet chocolate and coconut oil if using. Dip each Oreo in the melted chocolate, then place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator to set, 10 minutes.
- Use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate onto Oreos. Return to the refrigerator to set, 10 minutes longer.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!