Ultra thick soft batch peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chunks! Perfect with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. These are the best peanut butter choc chunk cookies!
Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Inactive: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 2 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (bleached or unbleached will work fine)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (kosher or table salt)
- 8 ounces chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla and beat until smooth; about 2 minutes.
- Next add in both sugars and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn mixer off.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together lightly before turning the mixer back on low and mixing in the dry ingredients until just combined. Be sure not to over mix here.
- Turn mixer off and use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 2 days. If you refrigerate the cookie dough for more than 30 minutes, you will need to bring it back to room temperature before baking.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!