This light and fluffy chocolate buttercream frosting is a simple and classic frosting for cakes and cupcakes and filling for cookies. Plus, with only four ingredients this easy recipe can be made in less than 10 minutes!
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 sticks butter 16 tbsp, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar 16 oz , 3.5-4 cups
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons milk or cream optional
- Using a standing or handheld mixer, mix butter on medium until light and creamy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off mixer and add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Mix on low until it starts to combine, about 1 minute. Turn to medium and continue mixing until fully combined.
- For a lighter frosting, add 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream and continue mixer another minute.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!