These Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and Kale Bake make for a perfect weeknight dinner but fancy enough for a Sunday night supper. It’s incredibly simple to make and requires only a handful of ingredients.
Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and Kale Bake
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 4 chicken thighs skin on, bones in
- 1 sweet potatoes peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. In a medium size skillet heat the olive oil and melt the butter together. Add chicken thighs to skillet and cook on both sides until gold and crispy. The chicken won’t be cooked all the way through, but that’s OK, since we’ll finish cooking it in the oven. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet, leaving about a tbsp of the fat still in the skillet. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add sweet potatoes and cook for a couple minutes. You just want them to get a little brown. Add corn and cook for 2 more minutes. Add chopped kale, toss everything together and cook for another minute. Add the wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to the prepared baking dish. Place the chicken thighs over the vegetables and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken cooks through and sweet potatoes are fork tender.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!