Chicken fried rice is the comfort dish of Chinese food. This classic take on the favourite is easy to make and makes the perfect lunch or dinner.
Chicken Fried Rice
MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. freshly crushed ginger
- 1 kg cooked white rice (preferably leftover)
- 115 g frozen peas
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then add to pan, and cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- To the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add onion and carrots and cook until soft, 5 minutes, Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in rice and peas and cook until warmed through, 2 minutes.
- Push rice to one side of pan and add remaining tablespoon sesame oil to other side. Add egg and stir until almost fully cooked, then fold eggs into rice. Add chicken back to pan with soy sauce and spring onions and stir to combine.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!