Classic cookies get a makeover with vanilla pudding powder and two kinds of chocolate chips, then formed into cookie bars. Soft, chewy, and so tasty!
Chewy Pudding Cookie Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3.4 ounce box vanilla instant pudding (just the powder)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until well combined.
- Add eggs and the vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add in flour, pudding powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Continue to mix until well blended.
- Add the chocolate and butterscotch chips and combine again. (Batter will be thick.)
- Using a spatula, transfer batter to the prepared dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook completely before separating from the parchment paper. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!