This bubbly chicken bake is the definition of comfort food.
Cheesy Baked Chicken and Rice
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 35 MINS
- 1 c. white rice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, quartered
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. frozen peas
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- Preheat oven to 450º. Prepare rice according to package directions, less 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium mixing bowl, drizzle olive oil over chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden all over, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add garlic and onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper; bring to a boil and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Add chicken (and juices from the plate), cooked rice, peas, parsley, and 1 cup Parmesan.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with remaining Parm. Serve immediately.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!