Enjoy a few of these soft baked Carrot Cake Donuts for breakfast. Cake for breakfast is always a great way to start out the day.
Carrot Cake Donuts
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
For the Donuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained (save juice)
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
For the Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely diced walnuts
- orange sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt until creamy. Add the egg, yogurt, pineapple, and carrots and beat again.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder and slowly mix it in.
- Fill a large ziplock bag with the donut batter and cut one corner off.
- Squeeze into donut pan cavities filling 1/2 full. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool a few minutes in the pan and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and pineapple juice. Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Dip the cooled donuts in frosting and sprinkle with chopped walnuts and sprinkles.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!