These Carrot Cake Cookies have all the flavors of your favorite carrot cake rolled into cookies. Soft, chewy, and sandwiched with a wonderful cream cheese frosting!
Carrot Cake Cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cool time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed, finely grated carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until well-combined and smooth. Mix in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioner’s sugar until totally incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the cookies: In a large bowl, whisk together butter, both sugars, and egg yolk. Add in the flour and salt; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the oats, carrots, and raisins.
- Form mixture into tight tablespoon balls, squeezing/molding just a few times (this will help prevent crumbling after baking and cooling.) Drop, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. (You should have 20 balls.) Spray the bottom of your hand or a glass and flatten the cookies. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Bake until the edges are golden, rotating baking sheets halfway through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Remove frosting from refrigerator until soft enough to spread. Flip one of each cookie pair over, bottom side up. Dollop out the cream cheese filling over cookie. Top with remaining cookie and press gently to spread the filling to the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!