Chewy chocolate cookies filled with soft caramel.
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
Prep Time: 30 MINUTES
Cook Time: 10 MINUTES
Total Time: 40 MINUTES
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 36 soft caramel candies, unwrapped*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough. Press each piece of dough around a caramel. Roll into a ball. Roll cookie ball in remaining sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!