This Caramel Apple Sheet Cake is moist and buttery, with cinnamon and apples throughout. Plus a silky icing infused with caramel flavor that is to die for!
Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Cool & Rest: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium apple , diced small (about 1 1/4 cups)
For The Icing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream and eggs.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry (batter will be thick.)
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Gradually stir in the warm melted butter and mix well until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan (batter will be loose.)
- Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 25-27 minutes, until the center of the cake springs back when touched. Let cool at least 30 minutes.
- Make the icing by combining the butter and milk in a medium microwave safe bowl; microwave for 45 seconds, and then in 15 second intervals until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and caramel topping; whisk to combine (add more powdered sugar or milk to get the right consistency – you want the icing to pour, but thick enough that it doesn’t pool over the sides of the pan.)
- Pour icing over the cake while it’s cooled, but still slightly warm. Allow to set for about 15-20 minutes.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!