This chicken is going to turn you into a ragin’ cajun.
Cajun BBQ Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c. beer
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 c. Sliced green onions
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season both sides of chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until both sides are golden, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat.
- To the same skillet, melt butter, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add barbecue sauce, beer, Worcestershire, lime juice, red pepper flakes, remaining teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and hot sauce.
- Bring mixture to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Add chicken back to skillet and let simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish chicken with green onions and serve over rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!