Served with slaw or potato salad, this chicken dinner will feel like an indoor picnic. Any leftover chicken will make a great school lunch.
Buttermilk Baked Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 50 MINS
- vegetable oil
- 8 slice white bread
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. hot-pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 lb. chicken parts (preferably legs, thighs, and wings)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously rub a baking sheet with oil. In a food processor, pulse bread until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, stir together buttermilk, hot-pepper sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, turning to coat evenly. Working with one piece at a time, remove chicken from liquid, letting excess drip back into bowl; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!