These braised chicken thighs are no joke. They’re super flavorful, fall-off-the-bone tender, and thankfully you only need ONE pan to make them!
Braised Chicken Thighs
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINS
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2″ piece ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, grated
- 8 oz. small shallots (peeled and halved, if large)
- 3/4 c. sake or dry white wine
- 1 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil, for serving
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Thinly sliced green onions, for serving
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large, deep ovenproof skillet over high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet skin-side down and cook until deeply golden, 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add ginger, garlic, and shallots to skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, water, and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Nestle chicken skin-side up in skillet, tucking it between the shallots. Transfer skillet to middle rack of oven and braise chicken uncovered for about 35 minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- Return skillet to high heat and cook until sauce is thickened, 3 minutes. Pour sauce and sesame oil over chicken thighs.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve with rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!