Lemon and blueberry flavors collide in these crispy, flavorful Blueberry Lemon Fritters. A breakfast that is grab and go and addicting.
Blueberry Lemon Fritters
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 Tbs melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tbs lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat your deep fryer to 375.
- In bowl whisk together your flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl mix together your milk, egg, vanilla, butter and lemon zest.
- Slowly mix into your dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in your blueberries gently.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry turning a few times for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn out onto paper towel lined plate to drain.
- To make glaze stir together your powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Dip each of your fritters into the glaze and let set for a few minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!