Best White Chicken Chili
YIELDS: 6 – 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans green chilies
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/4 c. crushed tortilla chips
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add green chilis, chicken, and broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to pot and add white beans and corn. Bring to a simmer and let cook, 10 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro, cheese, and chips before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!