This easy weeknight chicken dinner has major Hawaiian pizza vibes (minus the ham). Don’t skip the seasoning! The dried herbs, garlic powder, and paprika balance out the creaminess from the mozzarella and sweetness of the pineapple.
Pineapple Baked Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 thin pineapple rounds
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, sweet paprika, and garlic powder. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken on top side until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle all over with seasoning mixture.
- Sprinkle tops of chicken with 1 cup mozzarella and most of Parmesan. Arrange a pineapple round on top of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is melty and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with red onion and cilantro before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!