The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake has layers of chocolate and peanut butter frosting and Reese’s peanut butter cups. It’s the perfect dessert for chocolate lover’s.
Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
PREP TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours
For the Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cooled strong coffee
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 batch Best Honey Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until mixed in. Stir in the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir together the milk and coffee.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture to the butter mixture. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Cut the cake in half and set aside. You will have two 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 rectangles.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Let cool for 5 minutes. Beat in the sour cream.
- Sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly beat into the mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup of the frosting for later.
- Spread the rest of the chocolate frosting on top of one side of the cake. Place the other layer on top.
- Cover the cake with the best honey peanut butter frosting.
- Add chopped peanut butter cups to the top, and halved peanut butter cups to the sides, if desired. Store in a covered container.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!