Chocolate Banana Bread is the best banana bread you will ever have! Incredibly tender, moist and flavorful, loaded with chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts!
Best Chocolate Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hr 10 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup large semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sea salt, whisk to combine or if you have time, it is better to sift all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until no large chucks are left. Add the slightly cooled melted butter, oil, vanilla and eggs. Stir until fully combined.
- Whisk in brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and gently fold in with a spatula, careful not to overmix.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of the bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, with no raw batter onto it. Start checking on the bread at the 50 minute mark, and if still needs to bake more, check on it every 5 minutes.
- Once fully baked, remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. For easy removal, run a knife around the edges of the bread and gently remove from the pan onto the wire cooling rack, let it stand until slightly warm.
- Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!