Tomatoes cooked in balsamic vinegar are the perfect sweet-tart compliment to this cheesy chicken.
Best Caprese Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. freshly torn basil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with mozzarella and cover with a lid to melt.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!