Let’s be honest: grilled chicken breast may not seem like the most exciting meat out there, but it’s affordable, crowd-pleasing and a snap to cook. So why not skip the burgers at your next barbecue and try this super-easy recipe instead? You won’t want to sleep on the sauce, which is a classic BBQ jazzed up with honey and lime. It’s so flavorful, the chicken really doesn’t need a marinade—which means you get to eat it WAY sooner.
BBQ Grilled Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 2 c. barbecue sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts and drumsticks
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- In a large bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, lime juice, honey, and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting.
- Add chicken to bowl and toss until coated.
- Heat grill to high. Oil grates and grill chicken, basting with reserved marinade, until charred, 8 minutes per side for breasts, and 10 to 12 minutes per side for legs.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!