These twice-baked potatoes are loaded with the makings of a full chicken dinner.
BBQ Chicken Twice-Baked Potatoes
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into quarter moons
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded smoked Gouda
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until tender, about 1 hour, depending on size. Let cool slightly, then, using a paring knife, slice along top of each sweet potato and push in both ends to create a well.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce and garlic. Stuff into sweet potatoes, then top with red onion, jalapeño, and Gouda. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melty and chicken is warmed through, about 15 minutes more.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!