When we just can’t get enough of our favorite banana pudding we turn it into a sliceable cake. Here in New York, instant banana pudding mix is hard to come by, so we used vanilla instead. And since there are tons of bananas in the cake, it really doesn’t matter! If banana pudding is available in your area, feel free to sub in.
Banana Pudding Icebox Cake
YIELDS: 10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 4 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 (3.4-oz.) box instant vanilla pudding, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 (11-oz.) box Nilla wafers
- 1/2 c. cold milk
- 6 large ripe bananas, thinly sliced in rounds
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, plus more for decorating
- Prepare pudding according to box instructions.
- Arrange a layer of wafers (19) on the bottom of an 8″ springform, dipping each cookie in milk before adding to the pan. Spread a third of the pudding on top of wafers. Arrange a layer of bananas on top of pudding. Top with a third of the Cool Whip. Repeat 2 more times.
- Smooth top of cake with a spatula. Cover with plastic and place pan in freezer until firm, about 4 hours.
- Unmold and place dollops of Cool Whip around the cake and alternate standing up Nilla wafers and banana slices in the dollops.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!