A delicious white cake filled with banana pudding and frosted with a fluffy vanilla buttercream.
Banana Cream Cake
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Instant Banana Pudding prepared
- 1 lb butter
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 6-7 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- Bananas and vanilla wafers for decoration optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined, set aside.
- In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar until fluffy, add in your eggs 1 at a time until blended
- Mix in your vanilla.
- Alternate adding your dry ingredients and milk into your wet ingredients.
- Place in 3 8″ or 9″ prepared cake pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and they spring back.
- Remove from oven and turn onto cooling racks to fully cool.
- Meanwhile to make frosting, in large bowl beat your butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in your extracts and then add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Once sugar is added add in your milk slowly until you reach your desired consistency and continue to beat on high for about 5 minutes to fluff up.
- Add about 1/3 of your buttercream to a piping bag with tip cut off.
- Place one layer of your cake on a turntable and then pipe a damn of frosting around the outside of the layer about 1″ thick.
- Spread half of your prepared pudding in the center and then top with another layer of cake and gently press down, repeat with damn and other half of your frosting.
- Top with last layer of cake and then spread frosting around the top and sides of your cake until covered, reserving about 1 1/2 cups of your frosting for decorating if desired.
- Take your crushed vanilla wafers and add some to your hand and press up the sides of the cake until it is covered.
- Pipe the remaining frosting on top and sides of cake.
- Keep refrigerated.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!