This is the perfect weeknight dinner. After marinating the chicken, everything — including the veggie side! — comes together in one pan in less than 30 minutes. Call it another skillet chicken dinner win!
Balsamic Basil Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving (optional)
- Basil, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, and mustard. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven 425°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Shake off excess marinade from chicken and season all over with salt and pepper. Add, skin side-down, and cook until seared and golden, about 6 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until seared on other side, about 6 minutes.
- Scatter tomatoes and zucchini around chicken. Season vegetables with salt and pepper, then transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes more.
- Garnish with Parmesan and basil before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!