The perfect weeknight dinner—with a kick.
Baked Salsa Verde Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa verde
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey jack
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Pour salsa verde into a large baking dish. Brush chicken all over with oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Nestle chicken into salsa verde and bake until cooked through, 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and heat broiler. Top with cheese and broil until melty, 2 minutes.
- Squeeze lime over chicken and garnish with cilantro. Serve over rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!