Chicken, spinach and artichokes come together in this delicious, one-pot baked chicken recipe. An easy, keto friendly chicken dinner idea!
Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 chicken pieces (thighs, chicken breast, legs, etc…)
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 can (14-ounces) quartered artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot , sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped, divided
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet that’s safe for stovetop and oven.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add to skillet and brown on both sides; about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and set it on the side, leaving oil in skillet.
- Add artichokes, onions, carrots and 1/2 of chopped garlic to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally,.
- Add rest of the chopped garlic and spinach; continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add broth and chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Plate and ladle liquid and veggies over chicken pieces.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!