Hasselback your chicken by cutting shallow slits into your chicken breasts (don’t cut all the way through!) and stuff each slit with bacon and a creamy spinach and artichoke filling. It will make your weeknight chicken dinner sing!
Bacon & Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 50 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/3 c. chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 4 strips
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Make slits widthwise in chicken, being careful not to cut all the way through chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, and ½ cup of mozzarella. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Fill every other slit with cream cheese mixture and fill remaining slits with a piece of bacon. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup mozzarella on top and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy, 35 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!